Pinwheel Cookies I10 Reviews
“These cookies are mixed, wrapped in wax paper, chilled, sliced and then baked. My grandmother and my mother both made these and now I make them for my family.” - by Nancy
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Combine butter and sugar and egg yolk. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Melt chocolate over low heat and add to one half of the dough.
- Use a rolling pin and roll each half into a rectangle. Put the chocolate rectangle on top of the vanilla one. Roll up like a jelly roll in wax paper.
- Chill several hours, best if chilled overnight.
- Slice them and bake at 400 degrees (200 degrees C) for about 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 58 cal
- 3.2 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I've got to add a comment to this too. I don't know if she typed out the wrong amount of ingredients but it REALLY didn't work! It crumbled so much that I couldn't even roll it out. I've made pinwheel..." See more cookies for many years and this one time I didn't have a recipe so I decided to search onto the internet... Just a word of warning to all that it doesn't work, I ended up trying to "somewhat" press them so I could use cookie cutters on them. Bad, bad recipe!"
"I've been using this recipe for years and it alway's turns out just fine using these amounts. I usually just seperate the chocolate and vanilla dough, roll out each layer seperately between two piec..." See morees of wax paper, then just flip the vanilla layer on top of the chocolate layer and roll it up in the waxed paper jelly-roll style. It's really a no-fail recipe as long as you roll each layer out seperately before putting them together."
"Does she really make this recipe? I'm curious as to how this woman forms ANYTHING from a ball of dough containing the exact measurements listed. I had to manipulate the recipe in order to roll the do..." See moreugh. It was this horribly sticky mass of nothing that eventually formed a big chocolate and vanilla ball of nothing!!"
Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies I
Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.