Granny's Filled Cookies7 Reviews
“My granny always made these around Christmas. They are the easiest, best tasting cookies around. Be warned, they are addictive.” - by Kim Borris
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Mix cream cheese and butter well in large bowl until well blended and creamy.
- Add in flour slowly, beating well after each addition. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and wrap well in cellophane. Store in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll out dough balls flat and place a 1/2 teaspoon full of the jam in the center. Fold sides over and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until brown and the jam starts to bubble hard. Cool for 3 minutes and place on cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 196 cal
- 11.1 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I was wary of being the first to try this recipe, but I figured I'd take the chance. My problem was that I wasn't sure what these were supposed to look like in the end. I ended up rolling these out ..." See moreas flat as I could and then using an upside-down cup to cut circles so they would all look consistent. Then, after filling with strawberry preserves, I crimped them shut with a fork. The dough seemed a bit crumbly at first but got easier to work with once I started rolling them out a bit. While cooking, some of the jelly seeps out and hardens on the cookie sheet (but can be easily cleaned off with very hot water). In the end, they ended up tasting like mini strawberry pies. They have a nice appearance for giving as gifts."
Toni Jo Fire Eating Pro
"We make these cookies every year, at least 10 batches of them. You have to chill the dough, or you will not be able to work with it. Then we make them in the thumbprint style. This is a great recipe f..." See moreor the kids to help with. Fill thumprint with home made preserves, we use raspberry and strawberry. Also, we just bake them until the bottoms are just turning golden, and cool on a wire rack. Very easy made this way, and LOTS of compliments."
Jam Filled Butter Cookies
Granny's Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.