Hawaiian Macadamia-Coconut Squares8 Reviews
“Instant coffee powder adds intrigue to these rich, chewy bars.” - by Judy Farris
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C). Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, 1 cup brown sugar, instant coffee powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time, blending well after each addition. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla with remaining 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in coconut and macadamias.
- Spread evenly over cooled baked layer. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Use a knife to loosen cookies around edges while warm. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into 48 (about 1 1/2 inch) squares, cutting 6 strips one way and 8 strips the other way. Store in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week; freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 294 cal
- 18.6 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for a Hawaiian themed party. I personally don't care for coconut or mac. nuts so I didn't eat any but the folks at the party really liked them. There were only 2 or 3 squares left and th..." See moree hostess of the party just had to keep them so she could have them for breakfast the next day. The only downfalls of this recipe are the cost - mac. nuts are expensive and though it's easy to make, it's time-consuming."
"SO GOOD! The instant coffee granules give it a unique, can't-quite-put-your-finger-on-it taste. YUMMY! I served these at a Luau themed bridal shower and they were a hit. ..." See more"
Yum Yum Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.