Mexican Wedding Cakes I24 Reviews
“Rich, delicate, pretty cookie for Holiday or party trays. Melts in your mouth. Easy to make, just a little labor intensive. The less you handle this dough, the more delicate the finished cookie.” - by DeAnn Plaskett
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Cream together confectioner's sugar and butter. Add vanilla, cinnamon and almonds.
- Knead in flour by hand until completely mixed.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll out dough to one inch thickness. Cut into 1 inch pieces, and roll quickly and gently into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When baked, dip or roll in confectioner's sugar. Store airtight in layers with waxed paper in between.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 133 cal
- 8.7 g
- 12.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"Simple and delicious! I've made this many times. One day I had no almonds, so, instead I added 1/4 cup more of confectioners sugar (I also skip putting the dough in the fridge) and they still were gre..." See moreat! So easy I can't believe it. Thanks for the recipe"
"I absolutely loved this recipe. I made them for my friends and they ate them in few minutes. This is an easy recipe that does not require tones of ingredients. I like this version of the Mexican Weddi..." See moreng cakes because the ground almonds. I don't usually add the cinnamon. It just melts in the mouth. The best way to bake these cookies is at 275 degrees for 40 minutes. "
Mexican Wedding Cakes II
Gluten-free Mexican Wedding Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.