Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II359 Reviews
“These taste as good as they sound!” - by JAMIE CARPENTER
Original recipe yields 18 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until smooth. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls about the size of a walnut (larger if desired). Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press center of each ball with thumb.
- Drain cherries and reserve juice. Place a cherry in indentation of each cookie ball.
- In a saucepan, heat condensed milk and chocolate chips until chips are melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mixture over each cherry and spread to cover cherry. (More cherry juice may be added to keep frosting of spreading consistency.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 453 cal
- 18.8 g
- 71.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (359)Rate This Recipe
"Over the years I had lost this recipe and was so happy to find it here! One thing I do that solves the problem of too much frosting is I make the hole for the cherry larger so it takes more frosting,..." See more and then after baking I spread another spoon or so on top of the baked cookies,this makes them prettier and uses all the frosting, plus they are really scrummy with the extra frosting. The uncooked frosting that you put on the warm cookies after baking is just as good as the first that is spread on before baking. These cookies rock, they are the BEST cookie there is, if you like chocolate and cherries you will LOVE this cookie. :) P.S. I also sometimes add an extra egg, this makes the cookies soft and chewy, I like them better this way."
"I just recently made these and they were fantastic! I assumed that the directions to add the frosting to the cookie before baking was incorrect but it's not and the cookie and frosting turn out great!..." See more For the last sheet I added marshmellows to the center of the thumbprint instead of cherries and covered with the frosting! These are incredibly good and remind me of the cookies we get at the mall. These will definitely be made again and join my Christmas cookie trays."
"These are fabulous! Tried frosting the cookies before & after baking. The cookies are much better if you wait to drizzle them post baking. And FYI: the icing makes triple the amount that you actuall..." See morey need. You could easily cut it in half and have plenty. Don't hesitate to make these. They're wonderful!"
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies III
Chocolate Chip Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.