Meringue Kisses II16 Reviews
“Decorate with finely crushed nut brittle or other crushed candy. I have used crushed mints with success. You can use whatever flavoring extract you choose: almond, vanilla, lemon, etc.” - by Mary Frances Wasson
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (130 degrees C). Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff and dry. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar slowly and continue beating until mixture holds its shape.
- Add flavoring extract. Fold in another 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup finely crushed nut brittle or other crushed candy.
- Drop or form into desired shapes on parchment covered cookie sheet. You can sprinkle lightly with either more crushed candy or powdered confectioner sugar, if desired. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until set and delicately brown.
- To remove baked kisses from paper if you have a problem, lay out a hot, wet towel and place paper with kisses on towel. Let stand about 1 minute and steam will loosen kisses. Slip them off the paper with a spatula.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 74 cal
- 2.5 g
- 12.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"i love how light and airy these are. ive never had meringues before this recipe and at first i was a little freaked by the batter but they came out great! a tip for separating eggs, use a small strain..." See moreer and a bowl underneath to catch the whites. just be careful you dont break the yolk! great recipe"
pseudo dutch girl
"These were great for my first time. I folded in chocolate chips and used Splenda instead of sugar...." See more"
"A great recipe-quick and easy! Instead of toffee bits I used finely chopped almonds-yum! I also added a very small amount of red food coloring to make pale pink coloring for Easter. I then folded t..." See morehe mixture into a large plastic bag, clipped the corner and piped the cookies onto the sheet. Very attractive looking and great tasting!"
Just swipe to see more like this.