Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies149 Reviews
“We like to call them homemade 'oreos or soft 'oreos.'” - by John Crandall
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Blend the above ingredients together with a pastry blender until mixed.
- Roll in balls about the size of a quarter and place on ungreased baking sheets. Make an even number of balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 5-6 minutes before removing them to cooling rack. After cookies have cooled, put Cream Cheese Frosting (see recipe or use one can of pre-made frosting) between two cookies, putting bottom sides together.
- NOTE: Adding chopped pecans to the cookies without making them into sandwiches is also very good. Spice cake mix can be used in place of Devil's food.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 550 cal
- 30.7 g
- 60.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (149)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! Used 1 box cake mix, 1 stick butter and 2 eggs with electric mixer. How easy is that? 1 level tablespoon for each cookie, 10 min. Each one perfect and the same size. Yummy!..." See more"
"I have made these cookies twice, once with devils food cake and once with spice cake. Both were very yummy but my family and friends liked the ones made with spice cake and cream cheese frosting bett..." See moreer. I will definatly be making them again!"
"I didn't quite love these. I think they were just way too sweet and I tend to like things sweet. If you do make them, I filled a large plastic bag with the frosting and then turned over half of them..." See more and lined them up. I then piped in a large glob of frosting on each and then used the remaining cookies to top them. I'm sure it saved a ton of time to do it this way and piping the icing was way faster than if I would have tried to scoop it in."
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies II
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.