Crab Stuffed Manicotti61 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Manicotti shells stuffed with crab meat and covered with Alfredo sauce make a great meal for family or company.” - by Brandee
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, crab, parsley and onion. Spoon into the manicotti shells. Place in a buttered 11x7 inch baking dish.
- In a saucepan, stir together the Alfredo sauce and chicken broth. Season with basil, marjoram, garlic powder and thyme. Heat until warm over medium heat. Pour over the shells in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 625 cal
- 41.6 g
- 36.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (61)Rate This Recipe
"I made a few modifications on this one, but I believe the result was truly a restaurant-quality dish. 1) Use jumbo shells instead of manicotti - easier to stuff. 2) For the filling: use one 15oz tub o..." See moref part-skim ricotta, 8oz of good quality jumbo lump crabmeat (expensive but well worth it), one egg (important for texture), 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 2 tbsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 3) For the sauce, use two 10oz tubs of Buitoni alfredo (found in the refridgerated case) - simmer the sauce on the stove with 1/2 cup dry white wine and season with pepper. Follow baking directions as written, but sprinkle with mozzarella cheese 5 min before removing from the oven. This is a dish I would be proud to serve to company!"
"Absolutely delicious ! The only things I did differently were to make my own Alfredo Sauce (using Easy Alfredo Sauce 1 from Allrecipes), and I added about four sliced white mushrooms to the sauce. Eig..." See moreht minutes of boiling the manicotti shells is probably enough; much longer and they're more at risk of ripping as you're trying to stuff them. A tsp of sugar is listed as an ingredient, but not mentioned in the directions: add it to the chicken broth."
Stuffed Shells I
Stuffed Green Peppers II
Just swipe to see more like this.